Monday, June 05, 2006

Rhubarb Harvest is Finally Done!

Yesterday, Sunday June 4th we finally finished the last of the rhubarb from this harvest. A lot of thanks to Alex and Casey for their hard work and help in finishing this monumental task. We'll deliver to the winery on June 15th and find out then how much we really have. I know there is at least 2,000 pounds but we'll see if there is any more than that.

Now on to the rest of the chores. There's weeding galore to do, cleaning the pond, and even some planting left. These are the good chores though - the ones I like doing. Soon we'll be into class season. Our first class - Hypertuffa planters - is already full.

Barry hung some great lanterns on the arbor this weekend. As the days grow shorter they will make great evening/night accents in the theme gardens. This last winter I wrote a grant to the ND Historical society for an interpretive sign. We received the grant with help and administration from the Devils Lake Basin Joint Water Resource Board. The sign arrived the other day and I have been busy collecting information to fill it. We hope to have it up within a week or two. Stay tuned for more information...

No comments:

Post a Comment